9/11/07

I wrote a joke. It goes like this...

Knock. Knock.
Who's there?
Chicken Butt.
Chicken Butt who?
To get to the other side.

Not too funny, I know, but try it on someone. It might work a little.

How come I can go to bed at 11:30 PM, wake up at 4~5 AM , and be completely awake and wide eyed. But if I go back to bed and get say 2~3 more hours sleep I wake up in a knuckle dragging stupor? This morning I got up instead of going back to bed because I have a angry sore throat that was in need some hot ginger tea. It's amazing how awake I am compared to most mornings during the last few months.

It's also a possibility that because I took a Vicodin a few hours before I went to bed, that I somehow slept deeper than I usually do. I'm in need of a root canal, and the Vicodin is to manage the pain until I get that worked out. Funny thing is though I know hydrocodone is a narcotic pain reliever and naturally a sedative, it doesn't make me tired just more little slower and more calm, which makes me feel I can concentrate more on doing something. Like this morning, I totally feel like getting up and getting shit done, early. Which, is what I'm doing now.

And so yeah, while I know being addicted to painkillers is the hip thing do now a days, I don't want to & can't keep taking Vicodin after my root canal. But it's got me thinking that I should go to the doctor (since I have insurance, but really going to the doctor is always the last thing I think of...) to ask about possible diagnosis and medication for adult ADD.

Because I think I have become exhausted with trying to find things interesting and with trying remember what I was doing 5 minutes ago. And it creates this ever present dissatisfaction with whatever is happening at the moment, which then gets translated into a list of questions...

Maybe I....
am hungry?
need a drink?
need a cigarette?
need something from the store.
I just need to go outside.
a cup of coffee?
just need to paint.
actually I could go to the library, more research.
should take a nap/ clear my mind.

And one of these things might work 1 in 5 times to settle me down to work some more, that is if I can get my mind back on track to what I was doing. Who knows? Does anybody else feel this way.

Cheers!

p.s. I recently downed the Rev. Horton Heat album Lucky 7 because I am looking into trying playing a surf / rock-a-billy sound in my band. It is high energy, back woods, hot rod, goodness. Highly recommended.

1 comment:

Tree of Knowledge said...

Yeah, um, I think going to the doctor sounds good. especially now that you have insurance. Being able to concentrate is nice.

I went to bed at 10pm, slept through the night, woke up at 7am, and am still exhausted. One side effect of this seems to be that when I right click on a word to correct it with spell check, I keep added the misspelled words to the dictionary instead.