5/22/08

Vodka, a splash of gin, lime-ade and profiting on bicker.


Well, though I don't suppose many people check this blog regularly, I've discarded the big red A in support of Atheists. Have I stopped being an atheist? Not in the slightest. As a sort of follow up to the last post, I feel the public argument over Darwinism vs. Creationism has taken a nasty turn.

The thing is I'm working on a new bit of theory. Basically it's that personal even social ontologies don't exist, even the whole field of ontology shouldn't exist. This is contradiction of terms in many ways. In that, Ontology is the study of what exists, and what existence is, and to say Ontology doesn't exist is strange loop/argument indeed.

Anyways, getting back to the argument. Neither "answer" is really satisfactory. And neither answer makes a difference in the present world as knowing what happened 10000+ years ago in the rise of Humankind doesn't change the present "reality" (and I use that word loosely and with caution). And I know many will stop and think, "Hey shakabusatsu, wait a minute, it changes the meaning of dinosaur bones." And I respond, the meaning of dinosaur bones is conjecture, and a fiction, to be played with manipulated, and sold to public no matter if you're an Atheist-Darwinist or a Christian-Creationist, so no there isn't a "real" meaning anymore thanks to the popularity of dinosaur bones. Fossilized creatures of the past are such a commodity now they've be completely consumed by capitalism, as has most of the past and it's artifacts. And here we have two sides bickering (and creating profit by the way), and so my support for the entire argument is now permanently depressed.

Though I am not.

Cheers!

No comments: