9/18/05


Welcome to my spanking new blog.

I will be posting images, and journal entries (new and old) on this, my first blog. Once upon a time, I was posting my writing and pictures on my own website, but this whole auto-magic blog service stuff seems too convenient. I write short critical essay-ish rants about science, society, and religion with the occasional daydream thrown in. I am little busy tonight, so instead of some thing new I'll give those who might stumble across here an old journal entry. (from a couple years ago)

Sometimes this whole notion of "why I write" is to do something with all the thoughts I have. I have career choices to make. What to do with one's life is such a troubling notion. My whole life has been a double-life; one in thought and one in practice. I've desperately wanted something in which the twain shall meet. But some of me thinks this is a vain search. Further more, despite myself, my experience with parents, friends, and others, I'm not sure anyone wants to hear my thoughts. I am intelligent, but otherwise unremarkable. My thoughts are remarkable, but maybe only to me. That truly is a disparaging feeling. And yet it's the kind of loneliness I've known my whole life.

No comments: